Android Intents using Library
| Prashanth Gurunath | - @17_prashanth
The following blog was posted on Medium by Prashanth Gurunath, a Software Research Engineer at Influx.
In this tutorial, we will be learning to integrate our Android App with an Android Intent Library that will simplify the concept of Intents.
By using this library you can use any of the functionalities that’s present in it in a single line of code.
So let’s get started!
Through our app, we want to implement the following functionalities using the Intent Library:
- Open a browser link that’s entered by the user
- Open Facebook, Amazon, Twitter on the Browser
- Dial a number that’s entered by the user
- Open and view the developer’s LinkedIn Profile ;)
- Search the meaning of a string/query that’s entered by the user
Create An Android Studio Project
- Open Android Studio and click on File -> New -> New Project
Continue reading →